I’m putting together some paleo diabetic meals for you. Today’s offering works for lunch or dinner (where I come from, dinner is the evening meal).
- Hearty Cabbage Soup, 2 cups
- baby spinach, 2 oz (60 g)
- lettuce, romaine, 2 oz (60 g)
- tomatoes, chunked, 3 oz (85 g)
- cucumbers, peeled and sliced, 2 oz (60 g)
- olive oil, extra virgin, 2 tbsp (30 ml)
- vinegar, 2 tsp (10 ml)
- salt and pepper to taste (not counted in nutritional analysis below)
- apple, medium (2.75-inch or 7-cm diameter)
See my recipe for Hearty Cabbage Soup.
Salad: In a bowl, place the lettuce, spinach, tomato chunks, sliced cucumber, adn finally, the olive oil and vinegar. Mix thoroughly. Salt and pepper to taste. If you’re avoiding salt, consider substituting a few squirts of fresh lemon juice.
Enjoy the apple for desert.
- 61% fat
- 26% carbohydrate
- 13% protein
- 550 calories
- 38.7 g carb
- 10.3 g fiber
- 28.4 g digestible carb
- 1,252 mg sodium (plus any you add)
- 1,328 mg potassium
- Prominent features: rich in sodium (not good?), A, B12, C, E, copper, iron, manganese, and zinc